Wednesday, October 24, 2012

10-24-2012 Rays of Disillusion @ Blacklight Bar - Salem, OR

Ozric, a local and talented guitarist contacted me two weeks before a show wondering if I'd take some pictures of his Salem band, Rays of Disillusion. I was feeling pretty good coming off what I thought were some great shots from a Hip-Hop show in early September, so I agreed. When he informed me the show was at Blacklight Bar, my heart sank a little. The bar has been putting on a lot of shows with some really talented people, but its not the nicest place to take photos. It is extremely dark and when you have rockers or in this case, metal heads, moving around playing music it makes up for some dark and out of focus photos. As well as very little stage lighting.

Thankfully, I was prepared for this and realized what I needed to do to get the shots. I added some lights behind the band to get that blue color feel that black lights give off and I thought they turned out great, but I will let you be the judge of that.


Follow Rays of Disillusion on Facebook @ Rays of Disillusion

Follow Blacklight Bar on Facebook @ Blacklight Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment